Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Home-owners insurance from Farmers

In article , HeyBub says...

wrote:
Just wanted to bounce something off the group.

I have recently received a quote from Farmers insurance for home-
owners. They put the price at rebuilding the home at about $181,000
but the tax roles list my house at $100,000. Should my house burn to
the ground, would it indeed cost $181,000 to rebuild or is Farmers
just padding the coverage?

If the house burns to the ground, you still have the slab and a good portion
of the plumbing. That's worth a pile of bucks right there.

Call a realtor. Find out what your house is worth.

That's what the current house would sell for.

For *replacement*, it's what a comparable house would cost to be built on that
site, with current codes and current construction costs. Quite a different
thing.

Banty