Posted to alt.home.repair
TomC TomC is offline

Default dual fuel heat pump and gen.

Can I ask the group what brand dual fuel heat pump you have, and if your
happy with the performance.
Mine is a Lennox dual fuel, porpane. The system (and house) is two years
old. I've had several problems; the compressor was replaced last January
when it locked up for no apparent reason! The replacement was installed
with some kind of electric booster so it wouldn't stall (???). Recently,
I've noticed, several times, that the house fan and condensor fan will run
without the compressor running. The back up heat does not come on. I've had
to turn the fan off manually to get the system to cycle. Then, it seems to
run ok for awhile.
My last house and system (Carrier) was also dual fuel but with electric
back up and I never had a problem in the twelve years that I owned it.
Are heat pump systems with gas back up working well? Are some Brands better
than others when it comes to gas back up? Comments please!
TomC
Steve Barker wrote in article
. ..
On my York system, I'm almost positive the thermostat didn't "power up"
until we turned on the HP breaker. But, I may be wrong. I'll have to

check
into that. It's a good question, as I have a HP with NG backup.

--
Steve Barker

"Gary" wrote in message
I have a dual fuel heat pump propane back up I want to run the propane
emergency heat with a generator. Can I just wire the 120 line that goes

the indoor unit to my generator transfer switch and set my thermostat on

emergency heat ?