Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default What kind of plug is this?

This is the one previously mentioned. Mine is not this exact model, but
close. I'm not where it is right now, so I can't quote exact model numbers.

here's the link to the manual
http://www.whirlpool.com/assets/pdfs...RE/8578899.pdf see page
7

and here is the text in particular explaining what I was trying to:

This dryer is manufactured ready to install with a 3-wire

electrical supply connection. The neutral ground wire is

permanently connected to the neutral conductor (white wire)

within the dryer. If the dryer is installed with a 4-wire electrical

supply connection, the neutral ground wire must be removed

from the external ground conductor screw (green screw), and

secured under the neutral terminal (center or white wire) of

the terminal block. When the neutral ground wire is secured

under the neutral terminal (center or white wire) of the

terminal block, the dryer cabinet is isolated from the neutral

conductor.

--
Steve Barker

"Eric9822" wrote in message
ups.com...
Please post manufacturer and Model Number. I'd like to see the
manual. Definately does not sound right to me.