Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Roysie Roysie is offline

Default UKs Television Magazine has ceased publication

Sad news indeed. When I was involved in TV servicing 20 years ago
Television Magazine was essential reading to keep current with what
was happening in the trade. There was a really useful write up of
faults encountered, we used to have a filing cabinet full of them all
indexed. Manys the time I was saved hours of fault finding just by
remembering that someone had had the same fault and written it up. Les
Lawry Johns was always a good read as well, made you feel like you
were part of a community. Happy days? not really, the rewards were
more satisfaction than financial. I could see the writing on the wall
for TV servicing back then. The price of a TV had hardly changed in 15
years and people were starting to regard them as a throwaway item even
then.
These days I suppose people turn to the internet for any info they
require. End of an era.

"3T39" wrote in message
Hello, All!

Just received a letter from Nexus Media publications about my
subscription
to the UKs Television Magazine, to let me know they have ceased
publication
with imediate effect.
A shame, but no great surprise really, I have a collection that goes
back to
the sixties and even a few issues from the 50s .
another sad day for TV techs everywhere.

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: