Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

Default Help with Router choice

Hi David,
I have the Triton and think it is great. I know of no one who has one and
doesn't like it. Best bang for the buck.
It is best suited for router table use as it is a bit top heavy. If you
plan on using a router out of the table I suggest you look at this site
below. Personally I like the DeWalt 621 for out of the table use.
As a virgin WWer you may not know that you will want at least two routers.
One for the table (which you should build) and one for free handing. See
Pat's site. Cheers, JG

http://www.patwarner.com/

"OuttKastt" wrote in message
ups.com...
Please help me choose. I recently posted about which router to
purchase and have narrowed it down to two.

1) Bosch 1617EVSPK which comes with RA1054 Deluxe router guide. The
price for this is $309 (CAN) + taxes

2) Triton TRC001 for $259 (CAN) + taxes.

I am practically a virgin when it comes to woodworking but I am very
eager to learn and get started. I would like to buy or make a table
so this should probably weight into the equation.

I actually ordered the Triton from a company but it is taking forever
to come in so I may order it from another website.

Please give me your opinions. I really only want to buy once.

Cheers

David