Posted to rec.woodworking
Rod & Betty Jo Rod & Betty Jo is offline

Default Help with Router choice

"OuttKastt" wrote in message
ups.com...
Please help me choose. I recently posted about which router to
purchase and have narrowed it down to two.

1) Bosch 1617EVSPK which comes with RA1054 Deluxe router guide. The
price for this is $309 (CAN) + taxes

I've had one for just over a year....works fine and has been trouble
free......I paid $195.00(U.S.) at Costco, it had the two bases but no router
guide (if I had bought it a month or two later Costco included a guide for a
short while).....I use the plunge base freehand and the fixed base in a shop
built table....for my needs it has had plenty of power....

Depth adjustment in or out of the table has been fine and is easy to dial in
correctly....release the lock, turn a knob or the three step fast adjustment
then relock....In the table I support the base with one hand when I release
the lock so it doesn't thump(gravity)

The template guides have been fine but I needed to buy a full set instead of
the bundled three...a template needed a different size.

I had no trouble centering the bit to the base.

2) Triton TRC001 for $259 (CAN) + taxes.

Can't speak pro or con on the Triton

I am practically a virgin when it comes to woodworking but I am very
eager to learn and get started. I would like to buy or make a table
so this should probably weight into the equation.

I actually ordered the Triton from a company but it is taking forever
to come in so I may order it from another website.
Please give me your opinions. I really only want to buy once.
Cheers
David

I like the Bosch....Rod