Posted to uk.d-i-y
dog-man dog-man is offline

Default Unusual size waste pipe

On 31 Jan, 21:24, "
wrote:
On Jan 31, 6:32 pm, "dog-man" wrote:

I measured the waste pipe under my downstairs closet sink as I want to
change the trap to one with a built in washing machine inlet. There is
not enough room between the water line and the top of the trap to add
a washing machine inlet with clamp.

The pipe is either 34 or 35 mm. I have never heard of waste pipe this
size, but went to my local Wickes and then Focus and they don't stock
pipe this size. They only sell 32mm and 40mm.

The other end of the waste pipe goes into the soil pipe at the rear of
the toilet. It looks to be a tight fit so how would I get a 32mm or
40mm pipe into that hole.

What can I do now?

Any advice gratefully received

Steve..

Sounds like 1 1/4 solvent waste pipe - thats usually 36mm, although
it's often listed as 32mm.

A- Hide quoted text -

It is solvent weld pipe.

Steve...