Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default What kind of plug is this?

The chassis of my BRAND NEW (june '06) dryer is connected (via a nice green
wire) to the neutral lug the THREE WIRE cord hooks to. I only know this,
because in the house we're renovating I installed a 4 wire plug ('cause
everyone seems to think this is the new fad) and I changed the cord. YES I
changed the cord myself. So, unless I'm misunderstanding what you are
saying........

--
Steve Barker

"Eric9822" wrote in message
ups.com...

Wow. This is a heated discussion. Normally I would stay out of it,
but some of the advice given was very unsafe so I feel compelled to
post. Under no circumstances should the equipment ground be bonded to
the neutral at the equipment. The ground and the ungrounded current
carrying conductor (Neutral) are ONLY bonded at one place and that is
at the main service entrance for residential service.