Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Door chime question

"Noozer" wrote in message
news:locwh.833467$1T2.348601@pd7urf2no...
The chime plays fine, and will play the whole tune, but you just have
to stand there and hold it, or it only plays the first note or two
depending on how long the person holds the button down for.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Hi,
Are you sure it is a resistor? It could be a TD relay of sort.

Looks like a resistor. Wire in, wire out, about 1/8" diameter body, but
only about 1/8" to 3/16" body length. Not sure about the color bands,
would have to go pull it tomorrow to see if it does have color bands
indicating resistance rating.

If it's a diode, it matters which way around it's installed.

BTW, what was wrong with the old button (and have you tried putting it
back to see if that fixes things) ?

I discovered that I had replaced the diode in reverse. I reversed it, and
it works perfectly now. The problem with the old one was that the plastic
bar had died.

Steve