Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default 20amp Circuit How many computers

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:05:54 -0500, Robert Haar
wrote:

On 1/30/07 9:12 PM, "T.J." wrote:

Can anybody tell me if 3 computers are too much for a 20 amp circuit?

Check the power ratings of the devices and add up the amperage.

Actually it is 3 monitors a printer "not laser" and 3 thin clients if
anybody knows what a thin client is. it is about the size of a book
and is not a full tower so I assume it consumes alot less power then a
full computer tower.

If you are talking about something like the Sun Ray devices (
http://www.sun.com/sunray/sunray2/ ) then the power draw is probably quite
low. The monitors and printer will be the major consumers.

The printer should be a major consumer only when printing.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy