Posted to rec.woodworking
Don Fearn Don Fearn is offline

Default How to cut 1/4 inch plastic, band saw or scroll saw

I think it was "PeterM" who stated:

Thanks Don and David, at least I feel better now.. I appreciate you David
Don for taking the time to answer. I'm glad I didn't take the paper off,
and maybe I try both ways to see what my results are........Grandpa in CA

Uhhh . . . actually the best way to cut sheet plastic is to score it
several times with a plastic scoring tool like this:
http://www.sdplastics.com/cutters.html
and then snap it across the score line. Sorta like cutting glass, only
you have to score it several times to get a good cut, and then snap it
across the edge of a table or workbench.

I totally forgot about that 'cause you were suggesting different saws
for the job; but that is the way I always cut sheet plastics . . . .

-Don (sorry for being distracted)

--
It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats