Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] chi.james@gmail.com is offline

Default Threshold for 45" wide door

On Jan 31, 1:28 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I need to install a threshold for a 45" wide door. The current
threshold is marble that is 8" wide and 45" long. It is currently
flush with the floor and there is a small gap between the door and the
threshold. I would like to replace this threshold with one that is
raised from the floor to reduce that gap. Does anyone know where I
can buy thresholds for this project?

You can always have one made by a local millwright or woodworker. Depending
on the complexity of the profile, figure $50 to $80.

Is it possible to remove the existing one and just add shims to the bottom?
Like add 1/4" plywood or whatever you need.

I don't think I can remove without distroying the current threshold.
I just may use an aluminum bumper. It'll be ugly but will do the job.