Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default 20amp Circuit How many computers

Two desktop PCs.
One Compaq Proliant 2500 server
Two 21" CRTs
One Laptop PC
5-10 60W bulbs

.... is too much for a 15 amp circuit. I guess people didn't use
equipment like that back when wiring four rooms per circuit was okay.

I almost picked up a 5-node RS6000 on Ebay but I'd have had to rewire
the house to power it!

-rev

On Jan 30, 9:12 pm, "T.J." wrote:
Can anybody tell me if 3 computers are too much for a 20 amp circuit?
Actually it is 3 monitors a printer "not laser" and 3 thin clients if
anybody knows what a thin client is. it is about the size of a book
and is not a full tower so I assume it consumes alot less power then a
full computer tower.