Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Old Sears gadget for turning spirals with router

Mon, Jan 29, 2007, 11:52pm (Joe*Bleau) doth
sayeth:
Some years ago Sears used to market a device for turning spirals on
legs. snip

I'm not interested in one myself, but last time I looked in a Sears
catalog, or maybe it was last time I was in a Sears, they still carried
them. Admitted that was quite a bit back, but I'm wondering if anyone
has checked to see if they still carry them.

However, somewhere, I have seen, or have, plans to make a jig that
will do the same. Somewhere I've got plans for a jig for routing flutes
too, but something like that would be a lot easier to figure out. So
some googling might come up with plans so you can make one - be a lot
more flexible in use than a store-bought one, and you could paint it any
color you wanted - I recommend yellow.. .

JOAT
Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will
acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.
- Johann Von Schiller