Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Can a submersible pump and manual pitcher pump coexist?

On Jan 31, 8:52 am, wrote:
Is there a way for a manual pitcher pump and a submersible pump to use
the same casing? I asked my well driller and he said he doesn't know
how to do that. In my own naive way I would think the pitcher pump
could use even the same drop pipe.

How, in your naive way, would you propose to do that?

I suppose it _could_ be engineered to coexist, but never seen it
done. As Doug says, simpler for short-term emergency/storm/etc.
solution is the gen-set which can provide the backup power for heat
and lights and food refrigeration at the same time.

I've not explored it, but in a similar vein have wondered if there
were any way to make one of the solar-powered small volume pumps
coexist--here, at least, would almost always be sufficient sun with
the exception of only day or two at a time at most and even then
unlikely to be so dark as to have no effect. Limited volume capacity,
of course, but for survivalist mode could possibly be adequate w/ some
preparation for storage.

I just thought it would be a neat survival type thing to have a manual
pump. The Lehmans catalog has about a dozen to choose from.

Might look to manufacturers of the pumps for possible solutions???

--
dpb