Posted to alt.home.repair
Dean Dean is offline

Default Drywall install question

On Jan 30, 8:49 pm, LayPerson Tom wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:36:40 -0500, "HotRod"
wrote:

If you want to figure out how drywall should be hung, mud your own work. I
now hang everything so that the seem is the most accessible part. Plus
having one seem at chest height all around the room is a lot easier and
ecstatically pleasing.

"ecstatically pleasing."

ha ha ha

I believe the man meant;;
aesˇthetˇic or esˇthetˇic (s-thtk)
adj.
1. Relating to the philosophy or theories of aesthetics.
2. Of or concerning the appreciation of beauty or good taste: the
aesthetic faculties.
3. Characterized by a heightened sensitivity to beauty.
4. Artistic: The play was an aesthetic success.
5. Informal Conforming to accepted notions of good taste.
n.
1. A guiding principle in matters of artistic beauty and taste;
artistic sensibility: "a generous Age of Aquarius aesthetic that said
that everything was art" William Wilson.
2. An underlying principle, a set of principles, or a view often
manifested by outward appearances or style of behavior: "What troubled
him was the squalor of [the colonel's] aesthetic" Lewis H. Lapham.

I'll guess Architects were the ones to get that word going in the
construction world..If the OP really meant it exactly as He stated
then a new career is in the wind for Him..Never stop posting because
of spelling or misuse of a word,,things left unsaid/unasked are small
tradgedies sometimes..
Back in the day,,,My old Boss said that drywall sheets were hung
horizontally to improve overall strength of the wall by tieing more
studs together..When the butt joints are staggered/offset all the
studs work together..Partition walls and firring walls can be hung
vertically but structural walls should be hung horizontally..
I think hanging vertical sheets translates to more linear feet of
tape to finish so it is a trade-off,,,easier but more to do,,this
depends on the length of the wall tho..Vertical hanging is good when
natural light hits the wall from an angle,,nat light shows all..
Dean