Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default question on my disposable

"Amanda" wrote:

-snip-
I have wooden spatula - may be too thick - and a set of wodden
chopstick. I'll have to figure out what the cutter is. Have never
seen the inside of the unit.

Better than a spatula & it should work with rice is this little tool-
http://www.superiortool.com/photos/s...DrainStick.htm

It's a drain-Stick, by Superior Tool. Less than $5 at your local
Hardware, Home Depot or Lowes. I use mine before the plunger on all
drains. It is plenty flexible to maneuver its way through your
disposal- but it will take some wiggling the first time you do it.

[the pictures don't show it well, but the end is a bunch of plastic
barbs, so it really tears up clogs of grease, gunk & hair]

Jim