Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Deft Brushing Lacquer problem

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Jan 30, 8:28 pm, "Mike Marlow" wrote:

Don't be too quick to jump on this Mark. Robert's comments are dead
accurate, so I'm not contradicting him at all, but most fisheye is

caused by
contamination in the spray system. Typically, oil or water in the tank

or
lines. I'd be looking there first. Always drain the tank before every
spray. Don't use oilers in your lines. Use water traps on your guns.

Hey... I didn't mean I had THE answer, just another possibility.

Sorry Robert - I wasn't try to imply that. I was trying to chide in with
another idea. Bad wording I think. My bad.

I like your idea of sealing and starting again. I couldn't agree more
that it is probably some contaminant left on the wood. But... just
raising the possibility of other culprits.
I think I was having some kind of flashback, reliving all the
frustration with that damn project when that happened.

We're on the same page. I felt this urge to be anal and cover all the bases
I think.

--

-Mike-