Posted to rec.woodworking
The Dougster The Dougster is offline

Default Finger Joint Pitch

On Jan 8, 11:22 am, "The Dougster" wrote:
I have ordered a box joint cutter for $24.95. It has five blades 5/32
inch. It should do nicely. I have updated my PDF locally but not on the
FTP site.

The new cutter is a delight and box joints proceed with a 10-24 pin
screw through the fingers. Very nice. I have a long nut tap coming to
finish these threads in the wood.

I would like you all to comment on how a 4 inch cross vise might clamp
such a joint for drilling that pin through the leaves in such a way
that the fingers were forced tightly together by the clamp. Sort of a
big vee to take the legs, and little knives to grip and force the wood
inwards?

Doug