DoN. Nichols

Default State auction in Alabama

In article ,
Roy wrote:
Was traveling home forom a trip to HF the other day and noticed three
big flaat bed trailers loaded with allkinds of mahcine tools parked
outside a warehouse here in town. On them was all kinds of machinery.

[ ... ]

outside. Most of the items I was told were fully serviceable but new
equipment was purchased to take their place so that they had
essentially been stored inthe warehouse for a few years until it was
decided to send them to auction or salvage. They go through all that
storage process just to place them outside in bad weather and get
ruined. They are now setting outside in the states auction yard for
the next sale in about 2 months, still exposed to weather, and rough
handling.

I can testify that it is not just the state government. I have
seen the same thing happening with U.S. Government auctions -- and
nearly cried over the waste.

In the meanwhile, stuff which has less value is stored indoors.

It doesn't make any sense to me.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564