Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Deft Brushing Lacquer problem

On Jan 30, 9:29 pm, Markem wrote:

I use an HVLP system with a turbine, no compressor, but a through
cleaning prior to use ain't a bad idea. But then I is anal about such
things any way. But it is a tad chilly at present.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618

I use the same type HVLP rig about half the time. Switching to
turbine powered HVLP helped me in a coupel of ways; first, it is not
uncommon for us to have 80 - 90 percent humidity days which filled my
moisture traps to the point I had to bleed them twice a day (I always
wondered how much got through anyway) so the warm dry air fixed that.
The other thing would be that the air is clean, filitered to something
like .5 microns or some business like that. Clean, dry guns are
really happy guns.

I meticulously clean my guns after each session (can't get 'em too
clean), breaking them down and brushing them out. Before I start a
new session, I always shoot a few ozs of the appropriate thinner
through the gun just in case something dissolved or went gooey in the
gun between uses.

Robert