Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Deft Brushing Lacquer problem

On Jan 30, 8:28 pm, "Mike Marlow" wrote:

Don't be too quick to jump on this Mark. Robert's comments are dead
accurate, so I'm not contradicting him at all, but most fisheye is caused by
contamination in the spray system. Typically, oil or water in the tank or
lines. I'd be looking there first. Always drain the tank before every
spray. Don't use oilers in your lines. Use water traps on your guns.

Hey... I didn't mean I had THE answer, just another possibility. If
it was used in the laundry room.... ouch. Surfectants are probably
worse than silicone residue as you can at least work them out enough
to get something to stick to it. But soap... it just seems to work
itself in deeper.

I like your idea of sealing and starting again. I couldn't agree more
that it is probably some contaminant left on the wood. But... just
raising the possibility of other culprits.
I think I was having some kind of flashback, reliving all the
frustration with that damn project when that happened.

Always good to see your input, Mike.

Robert