Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default small hose/adapter for sander?

On Jan 30, 11:24 am, "trs80" wrote:
its a makita sander.

I went to Home depot and got a 6' 1.25 dia hose so that will work.

They wanted $5 for a 3" tube to adapt the 2.25" vacuum hose size. That is
criminal!!
Im making some dust collection interfaces for jointer and planer. I
wandered around looking at PVC, pipe, hose for an alternative but nothing is
very close. There is no way I will spend $5 for a plastic tube. I cut some
duct up or something first and squeeze to the right size.

Good thinking. Dude, you don't want to know how many times I've spent
4 hours making something I could have gone and picked up for 5 bucks
plus gas. But I think it's the journey... Tom