Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Pillar Drill

On 30 Jan, 19:59, TheOldFellow wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a Pillar Drill for the workshop, it'll be a floor
standing model. I normally only do wood, so it doesn't need to built
for drilling titanium ;-) I might drill the odd bit of Aly or Acrylic
too though.

ATM I have an attachment for my radial arm saw (Eumenia) that takes a
power drill, but it's not stiff enough and repeatability is a bit problem.

Any suggestions on models, makes etc.?

R.

Not knowing how much use I would have for it plus being tight for
space I bought one of the cheap Chinese bench top pillar drills some
time ago. Been a perfectly adequate tool, but certainly if I was
going into the market again I would make sure the tool had a longer
drilling capacity. I also have my doubts that for drilling wood a
wide range of drill speeds is necessary.

Rob