Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default What kind of plug is this?

Must be a hell of a washing machine. That's a 30 amp four wire. It appears
by your symbol that your outlet is 30 amp three wire. If you have a four
wire cable feeding the outlet, you can change the receptacle to match the
cord set, if not, you can probably replace the cord set with a three wire to
match the existing receptacle, although I would check with the manufacturer
to be sure. On some model appliances they require separate neutral and
ground conductors

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

We just bought a used washing machine and when we brought it home we
realized that it has an unusual plug that will not our outlet. You can
see it he

http://www.math.drexel.edu/~pg/plug.jpg

Will we be able to connect our washing machine to the existing outlet
(which is three prong /L\and this plug is four prong).

Very many thanks in advance!

pashag