Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default question on my disposable

I tried to put a bunch of brown rice (uncooked) in the disposable -
because there were some bugs and I didn't want the bugsfluing out of
the trash - and the next thing I knew, the disposable stopped. I
turned it off, and pressed the rest button after I removed the rice as
much as I could but some are still in the disposable. Upon turning on
the disposable, I can hear the
sound like "wuuuuuuuu...." but it's not taking down the water. I
wonder whether the disposable is not turnign becauise it's congested.
What should I try before calling plunbing?

Last time I called the plumbing, all they did was remove that little
tiny fork (for cocktail shrip) and press reset button but I still had
to pay $45. So I'd liek to try myself if anyone can guide me before I
get the plumbing.

Should I use a plunger? If so, I will have to go get a sink plunger.
But I am wondering whether the plunger might damage the disposable's
grinding unit which I think is congested right now I'll go try getting
more rice out.