Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry and a Cat named Dub Larry and a Cat named Dub is offline

Default Drywall install question

FYI when possible install drywall horizontal. If you are a novice they have
preformed corner strips metal and paper combo for a nice corner Use usg
Lightweight joint compound easier to sand If you have some really bad areas
to fill use durobond to fill in. (Nightmare to sand so don't overfill ) Use
a big stirrer in your 1/2" drill to stir the compound to a soupy
consistency" Do not use it right out of the bucket I suggest you go to usg
drywall I think their site has tips on installation Jack" wrote
in message ...
I am installing sheetrock vertically. Where the tapered seams meet, they
are falling on the center of the studs. When I attempt to screw down the
sheetrock at the seams, I am getting blowouts. Is there some sort of trick
or recommendation you have used to prevent this, other than using blocking?
I am trying to stay as far away from the edge as possible, but then I miss
the stud.
Thanks.