Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Window Treatments for Sliding Glass Doors

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I'm looking for a modern way to block a little light from coming in to
our living area. The picture below shows a wall with two sliding
glass doors on the second floor of our townhome. They doors will be
opened at times to air out the place.

http://www.alpine9.net/v/scott/house/windows.jpg.html

Just wondering what options we have. We're looking to put in roller
shades through most of the rest of the house. I'm not a big fan of
the verticle blinds.

Not sure what other info I can provide but any suggestions are greatly
appreciated.
Thanks!

Is the wall curved? Or is that camera distortion?

The neatest look might be custom made, clutch driven roller shades in the
one way mesh. Daylight hours you see out, no one sees in. At night no one
sees either way. Mount them above the opening so they fully retract when not
in use. Put a top treatment over them for a finished look. Slightly less
cost would be the same shade with a more traditional fabric.

Pleated shades or draperies would also work. You may have a stackback
problem depending on the door glide.

Colbyt