Posted to alt.home.repair
Layperson Tom Layperson Tom is offline

Default Drywall install question

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:57:56 -0500, "Jack" wrote:

I am installing sheetrock vertically. Where the tapered seams meet, they
are falling on the center of the studs. When I attempt to screw down the
sheetrock at the seams, I am getting blowouts. Is there some sort of trick
or recommendation you have used to prevent this, other than using blocking?
I am trying to stay as far away from the edge as possible, but then I miss
the stud.
Thanks.

I thought once that since some rooms are 8 feet tall, that sheet rock
went verticle. I was corrected and told that horizontal makes seams
better to hide.

A quick question, are you using a drywall gun, or a regular cordless?

tom @ www.MedJobSite.com