Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Window Treatments for Sliding Glass Doors

On Jan 30, 9:35 am, wrote:
Hello,
I'm looking for a modern way to block a little light from coming in to
our living area. The picture below shows a wall with two sliding
glass doors on the second floor of our townhome. They doors will be
opened at times to air out the place.

http://www.alpine9.net/v/scott/house/windows.jpg.html

Just wondering what options we have. We're looking to put in roller
shades through most of the rest of the house. I'm not a big fan of
the verticle blinds.

Not sure what other info I can provide but any suggestions are greatly
appreciated.
Thanks!

Yeah, I hear on those vertical blinds but.............

I've had vertical blinds & horizontal blinds in different houses.

I like the look of horizontal blinds better (2" wood) but they're
kinda a pain to raise & lower when using the door. Any kind of
horizontal closure is going to have the same issue (ie roller shades)

Roller shades are cool but they're either up, down or full blockage of
part of the door.....you cannot get partial coverage of the entire
door like you can with horizontals

The verticals you just brush aside & scoot through.

SO it depends on the frequency of usage & what's more important to
you.........visual appeal? ease of use?

There are some decent looking heavy duty verticals that even satisfied
my wife

cheers
Bob