Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] eglamkowski@angelfire.com is offline

Default Need help with heating unit

So, Sunday night/Monday morning my heating unit in the attic conked
out. Coldest day of the year so far, of course, but had been working
fine this winter up to now.

It's a Goodman GHS8, and it's not even two years old yet.

It's the only thing not working - the basement heater works fine, all
the appliances and lights, etc., so it's specific to the heater. I
checked the fuse and it is ok.

It's not entirely that it doesn't work - if I turn the heat off via
the thermostat and then back on I can hear the unit start up, but no
air, hot or cold, comes out of the vents, then after a few minutes it
shuts down.

I replaced the filter just a month ago.

There's an LED that is supposed to display error codes, but nothing
shows up on it.

I'm no HVAC expert, but I was hoping there might be some things I
could try myself before calling a repairman. It's probably something
simple, but I'm just not sure what. Anybody have any ideas on what
might be the cause?

Thanks!