Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default Pillar Drill

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
I'm thinking of buying a Pillar Drill for the workshop, it'll be a floor
standing model. I normally only do wood, so it doesn't need to built
for drilling titanium ;-) I might drill the odd bit of Aly or Acrylic
too though.

ATM I have an attachment for my radial arm saw (Eumenia) that takes a
power drill, but it's not stiff enough and repeatability is a bit problem.

Any suggestions on models, makes etc.?

R.

You often see good deals on refurbished Sealey ones on ebay.

I bought a PDM260F about 6 months ago for under £300 from a seller called
"recontooling" which has proved to be an excellent machine. I mainly use it
for drilling steel. I notice he doesn't have any drills for sale however!

Alan.