Posted to uk.d-i-y
absolute0 absolute0 is offline

Default Plumbing a shower

John,

It's going to be a bit of a pain as I'm limited to space in the loft
(shallow pitch), so plastic pipe sounds like a better option if I'm
going to feed the pipe in from the top. Then there is still the issue
of putting two elbow joints on the bottom of the pipe as it feeds into
the shower from the back, then elbows down to the shower connector.

Dave

On 30 Jan, 16:12, John Rumm wrote:
absolute0 wrote:
Yes, it is an electric shower (new one will be a Mira Advance ATL).
I'd rather not have the pipe on show as this is how we have it at the
moment (hole through ceiling and chrome pipe down to shower)Hence why I was suggesting a hole through the top plate of the stud

wall. The pipe then comes down through the wall and emerges into the
back of the shower. Plastic pipe would indeed make this simpler (no
joints in the wall). The final connection to the shower is usually via a
15mm compression elbow.

--
Cheers,

John.