Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Sony VCR clock expires

sherwindu wrote:
My 10 year old Sony VCR ran out of time this year and the clock cannot be reset
2007. Sony told me to set it to 2001, which they claim will do the same job. I
tried it and so far it works for January, 2007 (gets the right day of the
week). How much
could it have cost Sony to extend the original clock beyond 10 years? The VCR
is still very servicable, although I never could fix the capacitor that holds up
the memory for supposedly 3 hours in a power outage. Now I have to reset it for
even
the shortest power outages. It's probably tricky, because the last VCR tech who
tried to fix that said he couldn't find the right capacitor to do the job.

Sherwin D.

Hmm,
VCR is going out of it's time. If you need it like I do I have several
in the house. Some with DVD/VCR combo. They are cheap. I am moving all
the tapes to DVD.