Posted to alt.home.repair
Leonardo Leonardo is offline

Default What to look for in an open utility trailor

Dave Herron wrote:
Aluminum - about 300 lbs lighter. Go 4.5 x 8+ min size, easier to
load full sheets. I bought one like this a few years back. Easy to
move manually. Takes just a couple of minutes to hitch and you on the
road. When your moving dirt, etc, it's a lot more convenient because
you can roll a wheel barrel right up into the trailer. I'd have a
trailer even if I owned a pickup.

Thanks.

Going over 4X8 is worth considering.

L.

Jan 30, 5:20 am, DK wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 05:46:27 -0600, Leonardo
wrote:

I just sold my trusty '74 chevy C20 pickup (sniff). Don't need that
hauling capacity anymore, besides it used gas just sitting there. I want
to replace it with a 4X8 or 5X8 open trailer. My car is rated to tow
1500 lbs.
What features should I look for in a quality trailer?
Thanks!
Lenny

My first requirement is regular size wheels with regular wheel
bearings. My second is a real floor.