Posted to rec.woodworking
trs80 trs80 is offline

Default MDF ok for rail and stiles?

thats a good idea. but I dont like the look of the rounded corners.
"Swingman" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message

I do understand your point of view and 7 or 8 years ago would have
agreed.
It is definitely not for everything.

As you well know, there are a ton of solid mdf interior doors being sold
now
in the building industry these days.

As to the OP's original question ... and for him the question: Why even
bother with constructing mdf rails and stiles?

Most mdf cabinet doors are made entirely of a single piece of mdf, with
the
"raised panel" simply routed into the face, and the edges routed in an
appropriate profile.

Add a couple of 35mm hinge holes, fill, prime, paint and away you go.

If you're going with mdf in the first place, this is usually the
best/easiest/longer lasting approach, IME.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/27/07