jim rozen

Default Consequent-pole Two-speed Motor Controls - Was: (Something Else)

In article , Peter H says...

Interesting. I've never personally seen a two-speed motor like
that, only the kind that hardinge have, where the controller
switches the configuration from star to delta to pole change.

I have posted an exhaustive description of a Hardinge consequent-pole
two-speed motor control, as found in the later model TL (Toolroom
Lathe, AKA, T-10), on the Hardinge-Lathe Yahoo! group:

Unfortunately not visible to me.
Possible to post in dropbox?

Lower initial cost, and a smaller frame size are reasons for
specifying this type of motor, over an otherwise equivalent
two-winding motor.

These motors are usually constant-torque, and are configured as
four-pole, parallel-star (2Y) and eight-pole, series-delta, using one
winding.

Sounds like the person at the top was talking about the same
kind of motor - the motors I'm used to seeing in hardinge
machineare are four or eight pole, switched from star to
delta to obtain the speed change. Not with just one winding
though.

Are the consequent pole motors truly different?

Jim

please reply to: