Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Wire Burning

Hi Buddy

Yes Buddy, I've read this before and it is a very neat burning tool,
but especially on small turnings, you have only a small contact area,
I do like to go around a little ways.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Jan 29, 8:13 pm, "Buddy Matlosz" wrote:
All the wire options have been covered. As far as holding the wire, a better
alternative to dowels is to pick up a mini hacksaw from the dollar store (a
regular hacksaw works if you have an extra one laying around). Remove the
blade and replace it with a length of wire. This gives you one-hand
operation, good control, and insulates the hand from the heat.

B.

"Tom Dougall" wrote in ...

Hi Group,

I would like to try some wire burning on some napkin rings I have turned.
I have a few questions which I hope you will answer for me.

1. Which is the best type of wire to use?

2. Should the wire be held taught or loose on the wood?

3. Should the the lathe be at high or low speed?

Thank you in advance. Tom