Posted to alt.home.repair
maurice maurice is offline

Default Will Dryer on Top of Washer be too much Weight for my Floor?

On Jan 28, 6:22 pm, wrote:
Hello,

I'm thinking of getting a Washer / Dryer Unit in which the Dryer is
directly on top of the Washer. This will be replacing an old Washer /
Dryer Unit that were Side-By-Side. I live in a townhouse (not that
that matters). They will be going in on the 2nd Floor, and I'm
concerned that the weight might be too much for the floors. Could
this pose a problem? How would I find out if the weight of the Dryer
on top of the Washer is indeed too much for the floor?

Thanks.

I'm sure that the floor would support the weight, but you might find
that there will be some vibration. I did this in a bungalow on the
main floor, and with both the washer and the dryer running, there is
some evident vibration in the floor.

In fairness, this might be more due to the high speed of a front

good luck.

maurice