Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing medicine cabinet

"Goedjn" wrote in message
news

I'll check that idea when I start shopping tonight. It might actually save
some work on another issue. On either side of the medicine cabinet, there
are these stupid Hollywood makeup lights - the kind with the bare bulbs, 4
on each side. Everyone hates them. I'm thinking of moving one of them
above
the medicine cabinet, and building something out of wood to hold a piece
of
frosted glass to diffuse the light. Then, for the electrical boxes I'm
left
with, have a slim, vertical mirror made to cover each side. But, if I can
find a medicine cabinet wide enough to cover those boxes....

If anyone uses that mirror for grooming, having only overhead light
makes it really hard to see your neck. Not an issue if you
shave with an electric, but...

I know what you mean, but the voters here say "No lights directly in front
of our eyes". So, I'm going to keep one of the mongo light strips (400 watts
worth of bulbs), move them up, diffuse them, and paint the ceiling pure
white. Should be plenty of diffused light. The way they are now, it's like
looking into headlights - the pupils contract and we're blinded to
under-the-neck details.