Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Add sand to paint or "ready patch" for texture?

al wrote:

I've been using "ready patch" for some areas of stucco where pressure
cleaning has removed paint. The stucco is smooth with just a light
texture. If I wanted to add some texture would it be better to add
sand to the patching material or the paint, or better to forget about
that idea altogether?

Thanks.

We used a stucco patch on our condo where there were chips and cracks.
Believe it was DAP latex. Comes sanded and undsanded, and easy to
texture further with a scrub brush or whatever. We did some pretty
major "modeling" to fill in the gaps where they had been a fire
extinguisher box - used a concrete garden paver for the base of the
alcove that was left. Buttered it with stucco patch, couple of layers
of fill (it shrinks) to get the surface level. Finished just in time to
be painted and it doesn't look like a repair.