Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin G. Kevin G. is offline

Default Time to Replace 30-Year-Old Electric Water Heater?

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I might talk to my neighbors
about their water heaters, but I'm leaning toward purchasing a new one
as I see where my local Lowe's has a sale on Whirlpool 50-gallon
Energy Smart„¢ electric water heaters.

I feel fortunate that the water heater last this long.

Thanks again,
Kevin

On Jan 29, 2:30Â*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Kevin G." wrote in ooglegroups.com...

My 30-year-old 80-gallon electric water heater has begun to not work
very well. Â*When taking a shower, after about five (5) minutes, the
water begins to lose its heat, and I have to turn the cold water
almost completely off in order for the water to remain warm.Good possibility the dip tube inside is broken. After 30 years, time for a

new heater as you are on borrowed time.