Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF SJF is offline

Default How do I kill Birds of Paradise roots?

"Scott Simpson" wrote in message
I cut them to the ground, put RoundUp on them, and they still grow back!
How
do I kill these darn things? Thank you.

Looks like you made the same mistake I did in removing some overly
aggressive Algerian Ivy. I cut it back as close to the ground as I could,
about six inches high. Then I sprayed the stumps with a mix of roundup and
the other common brush killer and repeated whenever new foliage appeared.
Coming into the third spring season, it looks like I have finally finished
if off. Now, if the roots will please decay so the stumps can be pulled.

Clearly, I should have sprayed the vines when in full foliage before cutting
them back. That should get a lot more of the herbicide down to the roots
than can be accomplished by treating the stumps.

You'll probably just have to stay after them till they're gone. Be sure to
use the high concentrations of herbicide others here in this thread have
mentioned.

SJF