Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default CTC169 36" dead

ok.

maybe a picture is worth a thousand words.

here is the scoped output of the 15v standby. also the same waveform is
present on all the outpus of the power supply. the waveform gets a little
bit larger when the power button is pressed.

http://pubserver1.ath.cx/scope.jpg

Also, you see the ringing on the peaks? well when i scope the output of the
U1001 to the driver transistor, i get a flat line, with the same exact
ringing. but no square output. horiz VCC goes to 9v when power is pressed,
and drops back to 0v approximately 3 to 4 seconds later.

im not sure what the issue is. looks liek something is seriosuly loading the
supply. but im not sure. all 4 caps in the primary have been replaced, and
the cap on the 15v CR4118 was replaced, along wiht CR4118.

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
i moved my ground probe to the negative side of the primary, i had it on
the negative side of the secondary, this time i get a rock solid 10.2v

Right where it should be; indicates that the set "isn't turning on" as
opposed to being held off by its own protection circuits.

My address is good; send me an email from an address that can take a
few megs of attachment. And if necessary, do whatever you have to so that
attachments from me are acceptable

Take care.

Ken