Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What to look for in an open utility trailor

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:36:09 -0500, Nick Hull wrote:

In article ,
Leonardo wrote:

I just sold my trusty '74 chevy C20 pickup (sniff). Don't need that
hauling capacity anymore, besides it used gas just sitting there. I want
to replace it with a 4X8 or 5X8 open trailer. My car is rated to tow
1500 lbs.

What features should I look for in a quality trailer?

I still keep my trusty '70 Chev C30, I only use it a couple of times a
year and spend more on insurance ($100) than gas and tags combined, but
it's still cheaper than buying a trailer of decent capacity. I have to
haul 4' x 8' sheets, and occsionally gravel, etc. Uses no gas just
sitting there

It might be on Standby. That would use some power, like a cordless
phone.