Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Blown power transformer in Denon DRA-345R Tuner Amplifier

"Yukio YANO" wrote in message
GavinI wrote:
G'day all

Someone at work asked if I could look at a Denon DRA-345R Tuner
Amplifier that deosn't power up. Turns out to have an open circuit
primary winding of the power transformer.

I've not had much luck in sourcing a replacement (in Sydney Australia)
so though I could put an 'equivalent' in.

So does anyone know what the secondary outputs voltages (there are 3)
and current cappabilities are?

Thanks

Gavin

Check for a blown INTERNAL fuse in the Transformer housing !

Yukio YANO

The internal thermal fuse is not a replaceable item. Also, the power
transformer is a designated safety item, so should not be substituted, if
the original approvals of the equipment are to be retained.

Arfa