Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Door chime question/ the end

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:44:24 -0500, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

In fact, our chimer went from Ding-Dong to just Dong many, many years
ago. I never saw any sense in spending money to fix it. Everytime
someone comes to the door and rings the bell, we know it. It's always
been "good enough".

Wow, you have the luxury model. Ours has not worked at all for 20 years.
If you come to the front door and ring the bell, I probably don't want to
see you anyway.

I'm the other way. I have so few friends I desperately need to talk
to anyone who comes to the door.

When I spent a lot of time in the baseent, I added a bell there, and
when I got hooked on the computer, I connected a wireless doorbell
transmitter to the current doorbell system, and put a
receiver/noisemaker upstairs.

My bells only go ding dong, but I can understand the OP. In my car I
used to have airhorns, aaoogah, and the original horns, and switches
to go from one to the other. The current car has no room under the
hood for such things.