Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Continuing Length of Undergroup 110AC Power Line 10'

W. Watson wrote:
I just put 200' (black, white, green--12 gauge) of wire in a grey
electric pipe that will be buried underground 18". I probably need
another 10' to get it back up the surface. Should I just solder 10'
lengths onto wires onto the wire and wrap it with electrical tape, or is
there a smarter way?

You'll want to check your local electrical code but I don't believe it's
legal to have inaccessible splices. You can get weatherproof junction
boxes that sit flush with the surface though.