Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Muriatic Acid Before Tiling?

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:20:54 -0500, "SteveF" wrote:

"Greg Esres" wrote in message
oups.com...
The times I've done it I just put down some water and sucked it up
with my
shop vac. Repeat (and repeat and repeat) until all the areas have been

rinsed a couple times.

Ah, good idea!

You know, the shop vac has got to be my favorite tool. ;-)

Thanks for the ideas!

Here's another one - take out the filter first and make a splash guard to
keep water out of the motor so you don't soak the filter as they cost about
half the cost of the vac.

The pleated filters are expensive, but the paper filters are much
cheaper. For Shop-Vac brand walmart has a bag of 3 with no plastic
ring, if you have the ring. Other stores, like Lowes, sell the
filters with a plastic ring, for a little more, which** you need to
hold the filter to the cage. Although I agree that perhaps the side
of the cage near the input hole could be covered to keep the muritic
acid out of the motor. You have to leave the other side open or it
won't suck.

**HD sells another brand that might not be the same size, I forget,
but it uses a big rubber band iirc. The rubber band is smaller when
not using it, but rubber bands can wear out or dry out and I already
have the plastic ring.

Steve.