Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default 12v bulb ID needed

(Don Klipstein) wrote in
:

In article ,
wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:55:44 -0600, "rb" wrote:

A guy looked at a 12v bulb socket in one of my tools and told me I
need a generic 1056 bulb.

I've searched all over with Google, Froogle, Ebay, Radio Shack, JC
Whitney, etc, and can't find anything on a 1056 bulb. He talked
like they're common.

Anyone know where I find one? My socket looks a bit worn, so I'd
like to get a new socket too.

http://www.certifiedelevator.com/it030011.htm

This differs from the 1156 by having a double contact base!

Where I found:

http://www.certifiedelevator.com/it030011.htm

This was an early hit on a Google search for: 1056 "miniature
lamps"

I do suggest that you probably won't go wrong by much if you use a
94,
which I have found at Pep Boys before.

Although one more thing - I suggest seeing if your socket supports
one
bottom contact (as is the case for 1156 and 93) or two bottom contacts
(as is the case for the 94 and the "1056" at the above Certified
Eevator page).

Meanwhile, further Google hits on:

1056 "miniature lamps"
1056 "miniature lamp"

so highly appear to me so irrelevant that I suspect some chance that
you
were told erroneously that your bulb is a 1056.

(Warranty - if things go wrongo, blooey or blammo in any way I will
refund what you paid me for this, and nothing beyond that!)

- Don Klipstein )

Yeah,I would not consider a 93 (I have one right here at hand)or 1056 a
"miniature" lamp. It goes in a Tensor Hi-Intensity desk lamp.

what sort of power tool is it?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik